Choosing new technology for your company can be one of the most daunting tasks that a small business owner has on yearly basis. St. Louis technology companies help answer questions about this kind of thing all the time. Below are the top five concerns that clients will typically have when choosing new technology.
- Price– Obviously a huge thing when deciding on any purchase for your company is price. This is something that many IT consultants do not understand. Just because something is the best or most expensive solution does not mean it fits your small business.
- Need vs Want– Another huge thing is need vs want. Employees may think they need that new tablet to perform their job more effectively. As your technology company we can help decide if new features of a product constitute the need for an upgrade.
- Age of current technology– The age of our client’s technology assets is of great importance to us when helping to decide if new technology is needed. We will work on a client by client basis to determine need on age of technology. Typically timetables on this will be determined by understanding service records for a user’s PC.
- Return on investment– Return on investment is a huge factor to consider when upgrading or buying new technology for your company. You could use a tiered approach to keep this in check. Upgrade employee’s devices that have been around the longest and use the older technology for new employees.
- Surplus– Do you have a surplus of equipment that needs a purpose. Understanding that every employee at your company may not need the most up to date technology is important here. Using those computers you have sitting around and possible re-purposing the can help you use your surplus and save money in the long run.
If you have any questions or would like us to help you with your new technology needs don’t hesitate to contact our St. Louis IT support.