In today’s adventure into the IT outsourcing world we would like to give some advice on how small businesses can get the most of their technology. Technology can be a headache or a great way to help increase productivity in the work place. With that said here is our top five ways to maximize your technologies potential.
- Get in the mobile world
- Technology that isn’t available on the go is a waste. Having the ability for your employees to work with your applications on mobile devices is essential. Availability equals productivity.
- Make it secure
- Always make sure to have your technology company review your security and keep it up to date. Unauthorized access to your applications or files can cause serious headaches for your small business.
- Slow down
- Make sure your company has a training process that enables you to “slow it down” and teach employees how to effectively use your technology. Any employee who feels overwhelmed by the technology that your company uses will not be happy or productive.
- Carry chargers for your devices
- Always make sure to equip your employees with the correct chargers for all the devices they use. As mentioned above, working on the go has become extremely popular. A uncharged device, doesn’t allow employees an option to work on the go.
- Always take backups
- You’ve heard us say it before, and we will say it again. The importance of backups probably outweighs everything on this list. With no backups your small business risks going out of business in the event of data loss.
There you have it folks. Our list of 5 things you can do to get the most out of your technology. Got something to add to our list? Don’t hesitate to contact us.