Do you want a career in Information Technology? Tecvar, Inc. may be looking for you. Tecvar offers a chance to work with small to mid-sized clients, and from many different industries. We also offer competitive compensation packages, with opportunities for growth. Below is a current list of available job opportunities. If you are interested in one of these positions, please submit a cover letter and your resume via the contact form at the bottom of the page.
Tecvar, Inc. is seeking qualified candidates for a full time Systems and Networking Engineer position. They will be providing support for IT Outsourcing and Service customers, utilizing Tecvar’s Managed Services. This position requires candidates have an in-depth knowledge of systems and network hardware and software. Qualified applicants should be proficient in troubleshooting a wide variety of issues and are consistently capable of addressing network, systems and applications problems without additional assistance. Extensive experience designing and configuring systems and network components, to provide an environment that meets our customer’s business goals, is desired.
- Design, configure and maintain all aspects of a Windows Server / Desktop environment including Active Directory, Certificate Services, Group Policy, DNS, Replication, etc.
- Implement and maintain virtualized server environments, typically utilizing VMware ESXi as the hypervisor.
- Configure and maintain remote access and application delivery mechanisms including SSL VPN, IPSEC, Citrix XenApp/Desktop, etc.
- Administer shared storage Fiber Channel and iSCSI SANs.
- Implement, administer and perform migrations of Microsoft Exchange environments.
- Manage, administer and maintain backup systems, tape libraries, data replication and de-duplication.
- Create and maintain comprehensive network, server and application documentation.
- Assist with and at times, provide a leadership role in the planning and execution of server and network implementations and migrations.
- Although it doesn’t happen frequently, you may be required to work varied schedules, including on-call responsibilities and a team rotation to support customer needs that fall outside of normal business hours.
- Maintain consistent, up-to-date, detailed time reporting for customer billing and internal tracking purposes.
Requirements / Qualifications
- An in depth understanding and experience working with Windows Server (2003, 2008 R2, 2012) and Desktop Operating Systems (XP, 7, 8, 8.1), Active Directory and management over these systems.
- Experience working with Citrix XenApp and/or XenDesktop environments for delivering applications and desktops to users is desired.
- Design, implementation and management of Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, 2010, 2013 are desired.
- Advanced knowledge of common network protocols including TCP/IP, DNS, FTP, SSL, HTTP, etc.
- Extensive experience working with virtualized server environments with focus on VMware vSphere for server virtualization.
- Experience with network switches, firewalls and routers are required. Special focus should be with Cisco, HP and SonicWALL but a fundamental understanding of LAN/WAN (Layer 2 and Layer 3) network design and implementation is needed, regardless of the specific device experience.
- Knowledge of wireless technologies is necessary. This may include designing, implementing and troubleshooting both individual AP installations and controller-based, enterprise environments.
- Some experience working with shared storage environments is necessary. Although we are not in need of a SAN administrator, you should have experience working with FC and / or iSCSI storage networks.
- Strong project and team leadership qualities are necessary, including the capability to effectively manage multiple projects and other tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; including the ability to regularly work within a team environment and with all levels of users.
Certifications / Training / Education
- Microsoft Server Certifications (MCSA / MCSE) (desired)
- Citrix XenApp / XenDesktop (desired)
- VMware Data Center Virtualization Training / Certifications (desired)
- Associates required; Bachelors or higher (desired)
- 5+ years’ experience
Submit your resume today!