- Will Outsourcing my company’s IT department reduce the quality of service?
No… In the beginning, there is a period of time that the new support staff will not have the tribal knowledge of the previous support staff. This will undoubtedly cause small delays for certain types of support. However, with a team approach and the right processes, we are able to greatly reduce the amount of time needed for the learning curve. We will be responsive to your requests and keep you informed throughout the entire process.
- Will Outsourcing my company’s IT department save us money?
- It depends. Yes, in many cases using an IT consulting group like Tecvar will reduce your company’s IT cost. We have successfully implemented IT solutions that have saved St. Louis area companies millions of dollars since our existence. No, in the case that you presently do not have a support staff person or you are only using an outside company to fix things when they are broken. Which typically means that preventative maintenance, and other things are not being done correctly or at all. However, if you measure the “total cost of ownership” of your IT, and compare that against “in-house” staff exclusively vs. IT Outsourcing, the answer will be IT Outsourcing is more economical every time.
- Why does my company need IT?
Many small businesses do not have any IT assistance fearing that the cost will outweigh the benefits. Having an IT company to help with preventing system failures and to manage them if they occur could mean the difference between staying in business and closing the doors.
- Why can’t I just use Gmail for my business email?
The answer is simple. The amount of spam people receive through email is hurting the integrity of this form of communication. When someone sees an email from email@example.com they immediately discredit it as spam. With Tecvar’s webmail solution your company won’t look like spam and you will be able to manage spam vs. spam managing you.
- Can my company afford an IT support staff?
Yes, the real question is how often and/or how many. Some companies need multiple people every day. Others might only need a person once week or even once per month. This is something that we will address on a client by client basis. In many cases Tecvar can design a support plan that fits most if not all budgets.
If you have any further questions or would like to learn more about what Tecvar can do for your company contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1-866-TECVAR1.