In the technology world there are many things that can go wrong. IT outsourcing companies like Tecvar try to stop potential problems before they create bigger problems down the road. Here are some of the most common technology related failures in IT support and warning signs to look for.
- Hard Drive – Warning signs include extended wait times when trying to open up files, grinding noises upon operation, constant error messages, and disappearing files to name a few.
- Server Failure- Warning signs include slower response times, random crashes, frequent file system issues and lost connections to name a few.
- Cell phone battery failure- Warning signs include extremely reduced life, random turning off etc.
- Wireless router failure- Unable to connect or connecting only with limited connectivity, continuous dropped connections, no lights on the front of the router.
- Monitor Failure- Warning signs include spots in display, brightness in the monitor changes, flickering of the picture, etc.
Although, these warning signs are not always an indication of immediate failure they are good things to keep an eye out for. It is never a good thing when you lose productivity because of a technology related failure. The main thing you can do to prevent lost time is to be proactive about your technology related items.
At Tecvar, we like to deploy systems and proactive maintenance strategies for our clients to form a proactive approach to technology. If we detect failures at early points we can keep down times to a minimum and increase productivity in the long run. If you would like to find out more about how Tecvar could help your company, do not hesitate to contact our St.Louis based IT support team.